Friday, September 3, 2010

Pink Saturday - My Pinky Sunroom!

Happy Pink Saturday Everyone!
First I have to tell you, I will not be able to comment on anyone's blogs today but I will try and get caught up and visit you next week!
Pleas stop by How Sweet the Sound and say HI to Beverly, our host every PINK SATURDAY!

When we built our home Seventeen years ago, the floor plan called for a formal Dining Room right off the Kitchen. Our home was not going to be very large and I could not justify having a room that would only be used a few times a year. Instead, I decided to use it as a playroom for my girls who were only four and six when we started construction. It remained a playroom until my girls reached the age when they liked hanging out in their own rooms instead. Then the room was transformed again in to my office/craft room/computer room/TV room. During both of these phases this room was always a mess and had the ugliest vinyl on the floors. Two and a half years ago when my girls left for College, I decided it was finally time to transform it in to a pleasant Sunroom. First we painted the walls a nice sunny yellow. Then we ripped up the vinyl and replaced it with white ceramic tile. I had a very small budget for decorating and furnishing so I decided the two "must haves" were a nice Sissal rug and an armoire for the computer. I had this cute little wicker table that belonged to my mother and decided it would be perfect for the room with a little TLC!

If you want to see the "before" and "after" shots read THIS POST!
With the exception of  this little table and chairs, I had no idea what I was going to do for seating! Then one day I went to visit a friend who just happens to volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity resale store. I walked in her family room and there was THE MOST PERFECT PINK couch! Of course I oohed and aaahed over it and she told me she bought it at the HFH store. I told her if she ever saw anything like it come into the store again to call me immediately. A few days passed and I got a call from my friend and here's what I heard on the other end of the line:  "hey, remember that PINK couch, well, we decided we don't need it, do you want it?" Of course I almost fell off my chair! OF COURSE I DO!!! And here's the best part, she wouldn't take a dime for it! So here is a pic of my new Sunroom with my new PINK couch!

And this is a basket I made to hang on the wall.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy and Safe Labor Day! xxoo Nan

13 comments:

  1. G'eve Nan ~ WOWZER! What lovely pinks! & that beautiful floral basket.

    Happy PS & beautiful safe holiday weekend.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I see people get brave and use PINK!! I'm a pink girl at heart and I love LOVE the couch and what you did with the wicker. I bet it just glows when the suns hits it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun-a pink couch and a beautiful shade and free-sounds too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you can't beat the deal on the sofa! It is fabulous - love your sunroom. It is so cheery and bright!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky, lucky girl! I am loving that sofa and your wicker set too...and the wall flower arrangement...wow! I would smile every time I walked in there!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in Florida (in a pink condo I might add)
    lets you know how much I can relate to the
    beautiful color! The sunroom looks wonderful!

    I am an Ohio girl also... long ago though!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a pretty pink sofa in a sunroom is PERFECT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think the paint job was a huge improvement on the set. You did good Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Nan,
    Love your yellow sunroom!! The cute pink wicker table and chairs and wonderful pink couch top it off perfectly. Nice job on the basket wall hanging, too. Thanks for sharing with us today. Thank you also for stopping by for a visit and your nice comment. Happy September to you, my friend~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sunroom looks very cheerful-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP!!! I lurve that couch!! You lucky gal, you!! The wicker is gorgeous, too!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow Nan! Yellow and pink...wonderful combo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice words!