Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fireplace, Mantle and Banister dressed up for Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Today I want to show you my RED, Vintage Mantle, fireplace and Banister all dressed up for Christmas. Actually, I'm kinda cheating on the vintage part because the only thing that is really vintage is the oil painting hanging above the fireplace. I painted it in 1971 at the ripe old age of 15 and it is probably my most favorite painting. 

Anywho, back to the Christmas part. I know the fireplace is a little over the top and kind of a mish mash but I love it just the same. My Daddy bought my girls the Nutcrackers when they were babies, so they are probably about 20 years old now.

They were very inexpensive, I think he bought them at Big Lots. 
I bought the fireplace screen at Costco about 10 years ago and I adore it!

The pine garland on the Mantle is decorated with small nutcrackers and lots of RED, Gold and Green ribbon. 
 Our stockings are HUGE because we do stocking stuffers big time at our house, a tradition my parents started. 

Those babies will be overflowing Christmas morning and opening the stockings has it's own ritual. After all the gifts under the tree are opened, we have breakfast then return to the Living Room where everyone then gets to peek in their stockings.
The Banister matches the Mantle, small nutcrackers, gold beads and lots of ribbon!

I thought I was pretty clever when we built our house because I knew I would want to put lights on the Mantle and banister at Christmas so I had the electrician install wall sockets at each location, he thought I was nuts!


I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a Blessed Christmas, filled with Peace, Love and JOY! xxoo Nan
I will be linking this post to:
REDnesday at It's a Very Cherry World
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
Alphabe Thursday for the Letter M at Jenny Matlocks

24 comments:

  1. Merry CHRISTmas Nan Sweetie...
    Oh what a beautiful share today. I love, love the mantle. It looks so festive and with the nutcracker theme, oh girl it so works. It is beautiful.

    That fireplace screen is so pretty. I have been wanting to invest in one, just haven't made up my mind on a design yet. I think I want one I can leave out all year long,a nd maybe in the Spring and Summer drape a quilt over it on the hearth, as it sits so closey to my big overstuffed chair.

    Oh were you ever smart for plug ins for the banister. Now girl that is planning ahead of time. I love it. Does it ever look beautiful. You did such an awesome job decorating everything sweetie. It is just beautiful.

    Can't wait to see after Christmas photos. Don't forget to take some when Santa gets the stockings all stuffed for each of you.

    Many hugs sweetie and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry 'Christ'mas Nan ~

    What a gorgeous mantle decor ... a child's delight! What a nutcracker ... rich, warm, elegant decorations ... I think Santa will fill your stockings with lots of lovelies for such a warm festive greeting.

    Blessings & joys ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you painted that at 15, no less. Just gorgeous. I loved all your finery and hope you and yours have very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I LOVE all your nutcrackers. I collect nutcrackers and have them on my mantel too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-you've got that decked out-fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan..I do not think the mantle is over the top..I love it..what memories for you to look at! I love the stocking idea. I think next year we will have stocking only gifts..lol

    You have a blessed Christmas and make many..many memories. Hugs and lovin from Cindy..Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented! That picture you did at a young age. Do you still paint? I used to have a crock like the one you have on the right... I sold it in a sale years ago. Love the nutcrackers and the banister.
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful mantle Nan and I adore your stairway the way you decorated it looks like a picture from a magazine. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas together.
    Nan in AK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Nan, Your holiday decorations look wonderful and you were Oh s000-smart to have those plugs installed, what a great idea. Your blog looks awesome! Hugs to you and yours, Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so pretty Nan! You are absolutely brilliant with the outlets. I would kill to have a few strategically placed outlets around my place.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nan, I am fascinated by your painting! I copied your picture and blew it up so I could get a better look. You were awfully talented at 15! I hope you still paint. Do you have more of your work that we can see?
    You mantle and bannister are simply lovely. So many wonderful treasures you have.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I too couldn't get over how amazing your painting is! 15 years old? really?? LEt us see some of your other stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantle is very festive and I love the banister! Having those sockets installed was pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks wonderful. The fireplace screen is my favorite. It looks so whimsical and fun.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! Red is definitely my favorite Christmas colour, so I love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful decorations. And I am so impressed with the painting!

    Merry Christmas to you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nan! You are amazing and so very quiet about your talent - oh my gosh, your painting is wonderful! I look forward to seeing more. Your decorations are so very charming!

    Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and much joy in 2011!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  18. 15?? Amazing work! Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have such a smile on my face Nan enjoying your Christmas mantle. It's so wonderful! Every spot has something to see. It has been such a pleasure following your adventures this past year and sharing your creativity in my tag swaps. I am already looking forward to more inspiration in the New Year from this most special place to be! Merry Christmas! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just getting around to visiting a few Alphabe Thursday linkers. I remembered I need to visit a few more or get my hand slapped by Jenny. Love your mantel. We also stuff stockings to their limit for all our daughters and grand children. Loved my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice display ... and very clever to think of putting in those outlets! I'm fortunate to have some on the top of my mantle, which is kind of unusual, really, as my house is over a hundred years old! Somewhere along the line someone had them put in ... and I'm thankful!

    Have a lovely week!
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You painted that? Seriously! That is amazing. I love your mantle. It is so charmingly done!

    And your background is perfect!

    I'm sorry I'm late wishing you a Merry Christmas. I am, however, early to wish you a wonderful 2011 filled with warmth and joy.

    Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice words!