Monday, December 6, 2010

Kris Kringle, Santa Claus, St. Nicholas


I'm sending out Happy Birthday wishes today to:
My Sister Denise
Her Husband Don and his twin Brother Dave
And extra special Happy Birthday wishes to my boy Chipper 
who turns 16 today!


Isn't he handsome! Actually he's quite embarrassed that I put that stupid hat on his head, lol. His age is starting to take it's toll, his eyesight and hearing are shot but he still goes for a walk every day but only about the length of a football field, then he's ready to come home.  




Kris Kringle, Santa Claus, Sinterklaas, all names for the beloved character who visits once a year. But did you know that St. Nicholas WAS indeed a real person and an important Saint in the Christian Faith who shared his generosity, love and Faith every day of the year! Today we celebrate The Feast of St. Nicholas, the day on which he entered into Heaven. There are wonderful websites devoted entirely to St. Nicholas that put into words much better than I, the importance of this Man. My bloggy friend Ann has a wonderful blog
St. Nicholas and Christmas All Year Long. Please stop by and read her wonderful tribute to Saint Nicholas today. 
The St. Nicholas Center is a wealth of information for all things St. Nicholas. Oh if only we could all be like St. Nicholas, kind and generous to all, everyday and not just at Christmas!  I'd like to share my St. Nicholas collection with you today. I've been collecting St. Nicholas for many years now and it is one of my favorite collections. 

And here are close ups of the shelves.

The Santa in the boot and the Santa on the far right are both vintage and belonged to my parents. 








Have a wonderful Saint Nicholas Day and remember to be kind and generous to all those you meet today and always.
I'll be linking this post to:
Deck the Halls at Between Naps on the Porch
Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady
Alphabe Thursday for the Letter K

29 comments:

  1. I just love the St Nicholas where he is holding the baby Jesus. That is a happy collection. You sure have a lot of birthdays to celebrate this month. A lot of ours fall in February. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to all your family members but especially to the star (and the oldest of the lot) of the show - Chipper!! What a handsome fellow! 16 - what a blessing to have him in your life. Oh my, your daughters were just little girls when Chipper was a puppy... He must add so much to your home's "Bubbles of Joy!"
    How very kind of you to link back to St. Nicholas and Christmas! I didn't expect that and am very touched...
    Many many blessings to you and your whole family on this wonderful St. Nicholas Day!
    Ann
    PS Your St. Nicholas collection is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your profile, I think that we could be friends if we lived close. We have two girls 22 and 20 as well as a son 28, and I miss them terribly too. I am a drapery and home decore fabricator by profession, but a "trying to be" artist at heart. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip". I am following you will you follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thanks for visiting me. I'm posting about Nikolaus today as well. I like your post and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to All especially that sweet old doggie. You know how I love dogs! I love your Santa collection I was looking at all of those sweet ones you have saved, very nice to get that out each year isn't it like visiting old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chipper looks pretty good for his age! Tell him Happy Birthday for me!
    Love your St. Nicks!
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the old world Santas but our santa is more happy and jolly. Some of the children's happy memories are with Christmas.You have a nice collection. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to all but especiall to your boy Chipper, I love the photo....he has wise eyes.....God Bless Him! How fortunate you have had him so long....I am sure he has taught your family many lessons in the 16 years.....Thinking of you and yours....Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your doggy pic! The Santas are really nice. What a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection of Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Chipper and the rest. Chipper looks like a pup ready to play! I love the vintage St. Nicholas postcard and seeing your collection. The little deers are a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Chipper! Your collection of Santa's are beautiful! I love the ones from your mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very nice collection of Santas-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lots of st. nicks, nice collection, though the elfs or elves look kind of creepy but perhaps it's the way it is shot?

    have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have quite a kollection of Kris Kringles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like Chipper wanted to please you, but he couldn't understand why you put a hat on him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a wonderful Santa collectio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nan....What a Super Santa Collection. The two vintage Santas are amazing and very special. I have one that belonged to my Mom...I'll be showing him soon with one more Christmas Quilt. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your St. Nick collection! We are on the same page for A-T :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a fabulous collection! Your dog is adorable and I like the hat. I've been looking for antlers for ours since he looks like a little deer. I don't think he'll like them much, though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where do I begin....first of all I love to learn something new, so thank you for sharing that information today. Secondly, I love your St Nick collection. You have some very beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun collection. I enjoyed looking.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely collection! I'm so glad you shared this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also have a Santa collection. I display it on the mantle every year. Even my dog is named after old St. Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous collection!! You have displayed them all so nicely, too. I know they make you happy when you walk by them, they certainly would me!!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful post, and GREAT pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to everyone!

    And what a festive stop this was on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "K".

    I love your decor. And your pictures made me smile.

    Thank yo ufor sharing this joyous link.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice words!