Friday, May 21, 2010

Jumping in with both feet!

I've been dipping my toes in the water and clinging to the edge of the pool. I see all of my blogging buddies having so much fun, I decided it was time to close my eyes and jump in with both feet! So here I am, writing my very first blog post!
I guess the proper thing to do is introduce myself. My name is Nan (short for Nanette) and I work full time as a landscape and garden designer but my passion is anything to do with art. The Lord has blessed me in so many, many ways and I hope that my joy of creating will rise up like little bubbles to inspire my readers and bring them joy.
I was born and raised in OHIO, once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye. I now live along the coast of South Carolina in one of the most beautiful cities on Earth, Charleston. My wonderful husband works in the container shipping industry so we will always live near the ocean. My pride and joy are my 2 amazing daughters, ages 22 and 20. They both attend college in Ohio, so I miss them terribly when school is in session. I'm also the mommy to two furbabies, a very old border collie mix and a very sweet Jack Russell. We also have a box turtle and a pond full of fish and frogs and one mud turtle.
There, that wasn't so bad! I bobbed right back to the top and God willing, I'm ready to start swimming with the rest of you! Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland Nan.....thanks for the sweet comments about my blog! The pictures are from Texas, we lived there for three years when hubby was active duty Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, Nan...hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, I am so happy you have joined this creative community of women. The ladies who garden will be thrilled to pieces to have an expert among them. Bubbles of creativity sounds right up my alley! You are from Ohio and your girls go to school here. We have so much in common. My parents Camelot Days were spent in Charleston. Lucky you! I look forward to photos posted from your area. Again, jump right in, the water is a fun place to be! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland, Nan! So happy to meet you! Thanks for coming by so that I could find your new blog...it's so much fun! Glad you bravely got your feet wet--no looking back now!

    I grew up in northern Ohio--close to Lake Erie--so many wonderful memories! I'm a California girl, now, which I also love.

    Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its about time Nan... I hope you share your beautiful art with us.. I also love and the cool links you post.. Looking forward to watching this blog grow.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan,
    I also want to welcome you to this unique wonderful community! I am having the time of my life blogging with these ladies! Have a great weekend and I am looking forward to your gardening posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Blogland Hun - I started my own blog only a couple of days ago too. Its all new to me as well...... scarey....but hopefully will get use to it all in time. See you soon. Hugs Tammy aka Kizzy the other half of kizzydizzy designs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well look at you Nan...you're swimming!!!! Yay!
    :)))
    I'm so happy you took the plunge.
    It's so nice to finally "meet" the Nan behind the NanE, tee hee.
    I am wishing you LOTS of fun here girl. Stay above the water, relax and float :)

    Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend...wooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again :o) I love to look back on a blogger's first post or earlier posts, to see what it was that inspired them to start one or what their blog will be about :o) You have beautiful girls and I understand what you mean about not living near them! Our older daughter and her hubby are in Indiana and will be in Missouri for 3 more years, and our younger daughter is in KY finishing dental school, and our youngest (son) is in KY for undergrad. Our heart's desire is to at least live in the same state, especially when grandchildren come along!

    Thank you for stopping over and I hope you come back again :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    You asked about the type of pens I use...I use various brands, but as long as the ink indicates fade-proof, archival and is a very fine point (like 5mm). I love to do and try every type of media and craft imaginable...I love my dental hygiene patients, but it would be oh so wonderful to have unlimited time to do creative things and be a stay at home "grammy"...when that time comes :o) I am so thankful and blessed that the Lord has given me the opportunity to create the art that I do and that others are interested in it. & also blessed to have a healthy, family who love the Lord :o) (our son is a childhood cancer survivor...his story is a testimony of the Lord's healing and that no matter the challenges, How awesome that we have the Lord to lean and draw strength from. (sorry so long...I tend to be wordy...as you can see from some of my past posts :o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice words!